Outdoor Basics Overnight
Both Trip Planning Basics and Outdoor Basics will be covered during this session.
Join this hands-on, overnight learning experience to sharpen your outdoor skills. Focuses on fire building, outdoor cooking and providing a positive outdoor experience for girls. This training takes Outdoor Basics one step further by allowing you a chance to experience spending the night at camp before bringing your troop to camp. You have a choice of sleeping in tents or Webster House.
Complete GS101 online prior to attending this training.
Eat dinner before arriving to camp. Dress for the weather. Most parts of this training take place outdoors.
What to bring:
• Dunk bag with boilable plate, bowl, cup and silverware. Please no paper plates. A dunk bag is a lightweight mesh bag which will hold your washed dishes and table wear. A lingerie bag with a string handle works well.
• Sleeping bag, pillow, extra blanket
• Change of clothes, study shoes, no sandals or open-toe shoes
• Sweatshirt or jacket for the cool evening
• Personal toiletries, wash cloth, towel
• Bring an item to mix into a gorp snack – raisins, m&ms, cereal, mini-marshmallows, pretzels, etc. You’ll learn what gorp is at the training.