2014 National Convention Delegates
2104 National Council Session/53rd National Convention
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 16-19, 2014
About the Convention
The National Council Session is the Girl Scouts’ major governance meeting. The members of the National Council convene every three years to help shape the future of our Movement by voting on business proposals, reflecting on topics such as girl leadership and advocacy, and celebrating the Girl Scout Movement! The National Council membership includes delegate elected from each Girl Scout council and from USA Girl Scouts Oversees.
The GSNI-M Board Development Committee is now accepting applications for the position of the 2014-2017 National Council Delegate. National Council Delegates are expected to study the National Council Session Workbook to be well-informed on procedures and appropriate conduct, attend briefing meeting or teleconferences conducted by the council, participate in teleconferences and webinars conducted by GSUSA and have a broad view of the opinions of the adult members and Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors from all parts of the council.
GSNI-M National Delegates are also expected to attend all meetings at the National Council Session and participate in all proceedings as wells a report back to the council membership after the National Council Session.
Requirements to be a Delegate
- Adult members and girls 14 years of age to 12th grade shall elect delegates to open positions.
- Delegates must be currently registered Girl Scouts.
- Delegates are elected for the term of two years.
- Trainings are provided for delegates and alternates throughout the year.
To apply to be considered a candidate to represent GSNI-M please do the following:
- Review Duties of a Delegate
- Review & complete the Expectation and Agreement for National Council Delegates
- Complete the Application for National Council Delegate for GSNI-M
- Obtain two references: one must be a GSNI-M staff member and the other should be an adult GSNI-M volunteer.
Applications can be submitted by email or mail. Please reference the form for details.
References should be forwarded to the person you choose and they will be instructed to forward them to the council.
Deadline to apply is: January 6, 2014