Registration opening: February 1st
Please consider registering on opening day as many sessions are expected to fill. Other camp sessions that do not meet their expected number of registrations are subject to cancelation based on the Director’s discretion.
All campers are encouraged to register online for immediate placement in the session of their choice.
Families are encouraged to come to any GSNI-M Service Center to complete an on line registration if they do not have access to the internet at another location.
If online registration is not possible, registration forms:
- Are available in printed brochure mailed if requested
- If mailed, or faxed, payment must accompany registration form and will be entered on a first come first serve basis with other forms faxed or mailed. Please see below.
- Fax registration to Camp Registrar (260) 422-0084. Mail to Camp Registrar, Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, 10008 Dupont Circle Drive East, Fort Wayne, In 46825.
- Please check requirements for the session for which you are registering. GSNI-M has the right to remove you from a session if you do not meet the requirements.
Girl Scout Membership. Girls do not need to have any prior Girl Scout experience to attend camp. However, all girls must be a Girl Scout member at the time of camp registration. New Girl Scouts may become a Girl Scout on line prior to registering for camp. GSUSA membership registration is $12. Girls registering using the form should just include the additional $12 at the time of registration.
- Registration Deposit, available to those registering prior to June 1st:
- For session under $100, the deposit will be $10
- For sessions over $100, the deposit will be $25
- Deposits are essentially the first payment of the total fee, not an additional fee.
- Balance is due June 1st for all camp sessions
- If registering after June 1st, full payment will be expected
- Balances may be paid by logging in to your account on line, by mailing to Camp Registrar, Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, 10008 Dupont Circle Drive East, Fort Wayne, In 46825, or by taking it to any GSNI-M service center.
- Cookie dough may be used to pay for camp
- If you register before Cookie Dough is received:
- Pay the required deposit
- Please check box, “use my cookie dough for camp”.
- Cookie dough will be used to pay on your balance.
- If you have more Cookie Dough than the balance due, you will be sent your remaining cookie dough in the mail.
- If you have a balance due for camp, you will receive an invoice that must be paid by June 1st.
- If you register after Cookie Dough is received: If it is before June 1st, you may register on line and pay the deposit on line via a credit card and then bring the Cookie Dough to any GSNI-M office to pay the balance.
- If you’d like to use your Cookie Dough to pay for more than your balance due, please register at any GSNI-M office and bring your cookie dough for payment
Make checks or money orders payable to Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana. Returned checks are subjected to a $25 return check fee. Registrations are welcome throughout the summer; simply enclose full payment after these early registration deadlines. If a payment plan for personal financial reasons is needed, please contact Accounting Department at 1-800-283-4812, ext. 115.
Limited financial assistanceis available based on financial need and available funds; a registered Girl Scout living within Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana is eligible to apply using the Financial Aid Application form available at www.gsnim.org. Check the box on the registration form that financial assistance is being requested. Partial payment of at least the deposit is required at the time of registration, even if financial aid is requested; deposit is refundable only if sufficient aid is not granted and cancelation is made. Financial assistance is generally available for no more than one camp session per girl per summer. All girls/families are expected to pay some portion of the fee based on her/their ability to pay. Families may call 1-800-283-4812, ext. 115 to request a form to be mailed.
Camp Logan and McMillen Program Center:
- Fee Level Choice: Because families have different abilities to pay for summer camp programs, a voluntary two-level pricing system has been designed for the summer 2012 fees. As a voluntary honor system, the fee you pay for each camp session in no way influences the experience your camper will receive. This means that your family chooses which fee is right for your budget and pays that amount.
- Fee A is based on the direct expenses for your camper to participate in one camp session, but is also partially subsidized by GSNI-M. Please pay this amount if you are able to and show your full support of the camp program.
- Fee B is partially subsidized and is made possible by generous support from the Lincoln Financial Foundation and is for those families that cannot afford the full fee, yet want to support camps. (This will be available only as long as funds are available) Campers will be asked to check the reason why this partially subsidy is needed at the time of registration.
- Transfers:If a camper cannot attend the session for which she has confirmed registration, she may transfer to another open session. Such transfers can be made without penalty 2 weeks before the session date. Transfer requests made after the 2-week period will be assessed a $25 transfer fee.
- Full Refund will be made only under the following circumstances: A) The prospective camper cannot be placed in her first, second or third choice, and cannot be placed from a waiting list no later than two weeks prior to the check-in date of her first choice. B) The application for financial assistance was denied, or insufficient funds were granted. In this case, the family must call the Camp Registrar within 2 weeks of receiving the financial assistance confirmation to request a full refund. C) The program is canceled due to an act of nature or insufficient registration, and the participant cannot be placed in her second or third choice program.
- Partial or prorated refund will be made only under the following circumstances: 1) 4 weeks prior to session: when registration is withdrawn in writing and received in the office at least four weeks prior to the beginning of a session; the amount paid minus the non-refundable deposit will be refunded. 2) Less than 4 weeks prior to session: if a) The camper becomes ill or injured, notifies the Camp Registrar before the session check-in begins and provides a written statement from a physician within two weeks of notifying the council; program fee minus the nonrefundable deposit will be refunded.; b) The family unexpectedly moves out of the area; c) There is an unexpected family emergency; d) The camper is unexpectedly required by school to attend summer school at the same time and no transfer is possible. e) The camper is sent home from camp due to illness or injury and no transfer is possible; camp fee (excluding financial assistance) minus the deposit will then be prorated and will only be made at the written request of the camper’s guardian.
- No refund will be given and the entire amount will be retained if a camper does not show up or leaves early due to homesickness, parental request, or demonstration of disregard to camp policies and rules.
Registration confirmation and other information:
- If you register on line, you will automatically get a message confirming your registration, after your payment or deposit has been processed. Please print this confirmation for your records.
- If you register in person or via mail, you will receive a confirmation by email if you listed your email address on your registration form.
- If you need the information mailed to you, please call Cindy at ext. 140 or Pamela at ext. 145 and a packet will be mailed to you.
- If you registered in person or via mail and don’t list an email address, your registration packet will be mailed.
Additional information and forms
- If you register online, don’t forget to get the newsletter and required forms from the website, they will be indicated by “click here” links.
- Your confirmation email will contain a link to the website where you will find:
- A newsletter with details about your camp, including a list of things to bring.
- All forms that are required for your camper to attend and directions as to how to return them.
- If you need any of these things mailed to you, please call Cindy at ext. 140 or Pamela at ext. 145 and a packet will be mailed to you.
- If you are receiving your confirmation in the mail the newsletter and forms will be included in your packet.
- Health, information, and permission forms can be found in the confirmation packets. For where and when to turn the forms in, please follow the directions listed on the forms. Girls staying three or more nights need to have a physical examination.
Camp Logan and McMillen Program Center –
- T-shirt incentive deadline is May 20, 2012. Do not include T-shirt request after May 20, 2012.
- Campers may request one buddy as tent/cabin mate. Girls must register for the same session and dates; your buddy must also choose you. Camp Buddies are limited to groups of two; this gives campers the opportunity to meet other girls. Please contact Camp Director with questions about buddy placement.