Grow Your Troop
Did you know? To help new members join Girl Scouts, you can add your troop to the Opportunity Catalog—our easy, online listing of troops with open spots for girls or volunteers!
The Opportunity Catalog makes it easy for girls and guardians to search for troops with open spaces by zip code. It also allows adults to see volunteer opportunities in their area and sign up to help.
We encourage you to add your troop, so new girls looking for a troop can connect with Girl Scouts in their community!
How Can I Add My Troop?
There are two steps to add your troop to the Opportunity Catalog:
1. Update Your Troop Information
- Log into your MY GS Member Profile and click on the Troops tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and in the bottom left corner click on the View/Edit Troop Information link.
- Review the following information and make changes:
Meeting Start Time/End Time
Program Grade Level
Desired Total Number of Girls - If you have open spots, this number will be higher than the total number of active girls on your current troop roster!
2. Tell Us You Want to Grow Your Troop
- Fill out the short Troop Update form and hit submit.
- You're all set!
If you indicated you have open spots for girls or volunteers, your troop will be added to the opportunity catalog. After that, girls and potential volunteers will be able to select open spots in your troop through the Opportunity Catalog.
When a new girl or volunteer joins your troop, you’ll get an instant email notification. Please reach out as soon as possible to welcome the new member to your troop and give them any important information for getting started!