What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana has partnered with Cheddar Up to make collecting money easier for troop leaders!
Through Cheddar Up, leaders enjoy:
· Online payments: Collect payments through credit/debit or online check transactions. Don’t worry – you also have the ability to keep track of offline payments, like cash, too.
· Tracking: Cheddar Up keeps track of payment information, which you can quickly export to Excel.
· Forms: Going on a trip? You can also have parents submit an online permission form along with their payment.
· Security: Safely transfer funds to your troop’s bank account.
What about fees? There is not a fee for the troop to collect money. The fees are paid by the person paying the troop (3.5% +$0.45 per debit/credit transaction and $0.45 per online check transaction).
Quick Video Tutorial: https://my.cheddarup.com/orgs/girlscoutsnim/signup/i/orgs/girlscoutsnim/how-it-works
Sign up for free at: https://my.cheddarup.com/orgs/girlscoutsnim/signup